Friday, December 20, 2013

New Scanner!

I got a new scanner! This is really exciting because my previous scanner was at least a decade old and the glass was all scratched up and dirty and impossible to clean. It would take me a really long time to edit all the dust and scratches out of my scans.

So here are my first vintage magazine scans done with my new scanner. I tried to find something festive and these covers were the best I could come up with.

Ava Gardner on the cover of the November 1953 issue of Modern Screen magazine. They obviously just found a picture of her wearing a green dress and then added a red and white background to make it look Christmas-y!

And here's a Winter-themed photo of Barbara Stanwyck on the January 1948 cover of Motion Picture magazine.

Somewhere I have an issue of Eye magazine with a picture of Marilyn Monroe warming herself in front of a fireplace, but I couldn't find it this evening! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment