Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hit the Deck and the Always Adorable Jane Powell

Starting a new blog can be difficult. I feel like I have to post fairly often, at least at first, so I can have plenty of content so I'm more likely to gain readers. But I don't have any readers yet, so I don't have very much motivation to post things. I'll try to keep it up, though.

I just finished watching the MGM musical Hit the Deck (1955), which was a pretty cute movie but nothing spectacular, but it did star three beautiful and talented ladies: Jane Powell, Ann Miller, and Debbie Reynolds. I really loved their costumes in this movie too, which were designed by Helen Rose. Here is a still of all three of them singing "Why Oh Why" while wearing amazing dresses:

Ann Miller, Debbie Reynolds, and Jane Powell in Hit the Deck (1955).
And here is a video of the "Why Oh Why" number that I just found on YouTube:

I really like that song, so I wish it were a bit longer.

Now let's take a moment to appreciate how adorable Jane Powell is.

 Here she is being adorable in a 1951 MGM publicity portrait.

And here's Jane holding a Siamese cat. The cat appears to be grumpy because he's been out-cuted.
Bonus adorable points for those shoes!

Pulling off an adorable AND glamorous look!

Jane turned 84 this year and is still adorable, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment