Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Introduction

Hello! My name is Rachel, and I'm obsessed with Old Hollywood. I'm 30 years old and I've loved old movies since I was a little girl. In more recent years I've become more focused on the stars of these movies. I started collecting vintage fan magazines and reading biographies. And now I figured it was time to start blogging about my love for Old Hollywood and its many stars.

I've been running a Tumblr blog focused on Old Hollywood since Spring 2012, but Tumblr is too popularity-based, text posts are often overlooked, and it's easy for your posts to gain thousands of notes without anyone bothering to actually look at your blog. I needed a place where I could have more freedom to make the kind of posts I want to make. I'll continue to post the occasional movie star photo on Tumblr, but I'm putting my heart into this Blogspot blog now.

This isn't a film review blog; it's an anything and everything related to old movies blog. I'll mostly be focusing on the 1920s through the 1950s, but films and stars from the 1910s and 1960s will occasionally get some attention.

I am most definitely not an expert on Old Hollywood; I'm just a huge fan.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment